Wednesday 19 November 2014

Home Is...In Ancoats

I mentioned last week that I was heading to Home Is In The North on Saturday so I thought I'd share how I got on. 







My mum and I arrived at Halle St Peter's quite early on in the day and there was already a fair bit of hustle and bustle. It's a gorgeous venue, I challenge anyone to walk through the door and not be a little bit gobsmacked at what you find. It's quite unexpected to step into a beautifully restored deconsecrated church in the middle of Ancoats, surrounded by old buildings and converted warehouses. Ancoats is on the up and it's great to see an area of Manchester with so much history being given a new lease of life. 




The thirty-something exhibitors had each created beautiful and enticing stalls. There were plenty of pieces catching my eye as we began to wander so we decided to do a recce tour of the room before any purchase decisions were made. The purchases I did make are going to be gifts and so I can't share them here (sorry!)

However, here's a glimpse into some of my favourites: 
Scented candles from Lomas and Lomas, wooden Christmas decorations from Double Thumbs Up, vintage furniture and homewares from Homeward, mugs and coasters from Northern Letters, notepads and cushions from Natalie Laura Ellen, unique ceramic vases from Knit Me A Stitch, cosy investment quilts from Lisa Watson and pretty much everything by Ink Inc (I was stood at their stall for so long trying to decide which little character was the cutest!). 


Ink Inc
Natalie Laura Ellen
You can see a full list of exhibitors here.



The event was fuelled by Ancoats Coffee, Tea with Tom, Rudy's Pizza and Fat Annie's Hot Dogs. All of which looked and smelt amazing. I had to stop myself from digging in as we were heading to lunch after the event. It took a lot of will power though! 



Sign up to The Social Butterfly mailing list to make sure you don't miss the next event. 

Claire x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Beautiful venue! So gutted I couldn't make it to this event but glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig