Wednesday 3 December 2014

My Perfect Christmas Table

We all want our Christmas dinner to be perfect. I'm talking a deliciously succulent turkey, crisp and fluffy roast potatoes, sublimely seasoned vegetables; the list seems endless. I've never cooked a Christmas dinner myself, so hats off to all those that have. I personally struggle with a regular roast dinner, so I'm not sure how I would cope with cooking the most important meal of the year. There's just so much to think about. One aspect of Christmas day that you can usually plan in advance, is the look of your Christmas table. 

Below I've pulled together my wishlist for my perfect Christmas table. Let's hope old Saint Nick has made note of how good I've been this year!

The table:
The foundation for any festive family meal is, of course, the table.
This pale solid oak beauty is the perfect base for my elegant and simple scheme.
Chairs:
I've long been a fan of mismatched dining chairs.
These three work well together thanks to their distinct yet vintage vibes.
1 / 2 / 3

Crockery:
My Christmas crockery upgrade would have to be to these perfectly imperfect white 'Wobbler' plates and bowls from Loaf. I don't want any distractions when it comes to surveying my piled-high plate of Christmas goodies.
Cutlery:
The gold cutlery trend is a little too brash for my earthy and paired-back theme.
That's why these simply chic knives and forks from Zara Home hit the spot for me.
Napkins:
Elegant linen napkins can soften or smarten up any scheme.
These ones fit perfectly with my refined and rustic vision.
Place names:
I think I have enough creativity in me to replicate these name cards and they ooze with Scandinavian style. Follow the full DIY here.
Crackers:
I think I may have an unhealthy obsession with Craft paper. If an item is made out of, or wrapped up in, this lovable brown paper, I will most probably buy it.
Case and point are these delightful and eco-friendly crackers from Not On The High Street.
Centrepiece:

I have a thing for foliage filled tablescapes. The inviting and warm look that they effortlessly create is exactly what I want on Christmas day.
Just be extra careful where you place those candles!
1 / 2 / 3
What does your perfect Christmas table feature? Have you already thought about what it will look like? 

Claire x

This post was written in collaboration with Loaf.
Loaf stockist details: LOAF.COM / 0845 459 9937
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig